Daniel Manuel graduated from Byng High School in 1992 in the top 10% of his class. Danny graduated from East Central University in 2010 with a Bachelors Degree in Physical Education and a minor in Communication. In 2013, Danny graduated from ECU with his Masters Degree in School Administration Magna Cum Laude.
Danny has served the Ada Community as a professional firefighter since 1997. After twenty years of responding to emergencies on a daily basis, he is ready to put his problem solving, communication, and relationship building skills to good use serving District 25 in the Oklahoma State Legislature.
Danny and his wife Janel celebrated their 24th wedding anniversary this year. They have two beautiful children together, Blaise, 10, and Grace, 14, both kids attend Byng Public Schools. Janel has been an early childhood teacher at Byng since 1999. Grace enjoys her extracurricular activities that include cheerleading and FFA. Blaise enjoys climbing obstacles with his dad, church activities and beating his dad at nerf guns.
After much consideration, Danny and Janel have made the decision to open their home and welcome a third child that they have been trying to adopt from Ethiopia. However, due to many international complications, all adoption processes from Ethiopia have been suspended for the time being. Danny's passion for children stems from being adopted by the Manuel family at the age of three years old.
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY SERVICE
In addition to serving the Ada community as a firefighter; Danny has committed much of his time to the betterment of Ada and Oklahoma. In his spare time, Danny volunteers in multiple roles around the community including:
- Currently serves as a deacon at Trinity Baptist Church in Ada, OK.
- Volunteers monthly at the Sisters Hand in Hand Widow's Banquet.
- Volunteers as a church camp sponsor and Vacation Bible School Teacher.
- Chaperoned multiple youth mission trips around the U.S and internationally.
Danny has a broad variety of Leadership experience that he is prepared to utilize as an elected official, these experiences include:
- Serving as union officer eight of last thirteen years.
- East Central University Alpha Chi President & Information officer, 2010-2012.
- East Central University Student Oklahoma Education Association, 2011-2013.
- Center Freewill Baptist Association Education Board Member 1999-2004.
- It’s a Child’s Life Board Member, a non-profit that supports fostering and adopting children statewide and internationally.
- Ada Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, 2014-16
- House of Hope Board of Directors since Fall of 2017.